Karen Painter Randall, Chair of Connell Foley's Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Group, is co-chairing and presenting at the inaugural NJSBA Cybersecurity Institute program "Practical Cybersecurity Risk Management Strategies for Solos, Law Firms, In-House Counsel and Government Attorneys."
Karen, along with David Weinstein, Chief Technology Officer for the State of New Jersey, co-founded and co-chairs the NJSBA Cybersecurity Legal Task Force, which is running this Cybersecurity Institute in connection with NJICLE. The full-day program is intended to provide a forum for educating the legal profession on data security risks and best practices. Attendees will hear from a diverse range of highly experienced government officials, cybersecurity attorneys, security experts, and public relations and insurance professionals about the current threat landscape and mitigation strategies.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Rapidly Evolving Landscape of Cybersecurity: What to Expect in 2018
- The State Of Cyber Breach Litigation/Federal and State Laws Governing Privacy and Security
- Cybersecurity for Law Firms: Be Prepared or Face the Consequences
- How to Purchase a Cyber Liability Policy of Insurance
- Navigating the Wire Transfer Fraud Minefield
- Artificial Intelligence In the Legal Realm
- New York Department of Financial Services/Cybersecurity Regulations and Its Impact on Law Firm “Vendors”
- HIPAA Covered Entities and Law Firm Business Associates: The Importance of Implementing Safeguards for ePHI
For more information or to register, please visit the NJSBA website.