Lisa Trembly is a seasoned commercial litigator. Her practice includes insurance coverage litigation relating to first-party property insurance policies; insurance fraud litigation; consumer fraud actions; and general commercial matters. Lisa also handles appeals, arbitrations and mediations, and advises clients on contract and insurance coverage issues and potential consumer fraud claims and violations.
Lisa practices primarily in the state and federal courts of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania but has litigated matters in many other states, including Virginia, Florida and Colorado.
A Member of the Editorial Board of New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Lisa has authored and co-authored numerous articles for various newspapers and legal journals. Her published works have been cited by the New Jersey Supreme Court, as well as in legal treatises and commentary. She has also presented seminars relating to insurance fraud in a bad economy.
While in law school, Lisa served as co-chairperson of the Sandra Day Medal of Honor Committee, and received a Pro Bono Service Award.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Foundation
- Essex County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association and Insurance Law Section
- Co-chair, Excess & Umbrella Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association
- Editorial Board Member, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine
News & Insights
- New Jersey Lawyer magazine, 06.2017
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 07.09.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 05.08.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 03.28.2020
Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.; Articles editor, Seton Hall Legislative Journal)
Rutgers University (BS, with honors)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court