Jeffrey O’Hara is an experienced litigator who, as of January 2018, has handled approximately 80 jury trials with 62 verdicts in a wide array of subject areas. A Certified Civil Trial Attorney since 1999, Jeff focuses primarily on defending casualty cases involving large exposure, catastrophic events. He has served as panel counsel for major national insurers as well as for a publicly traded franchisor.
Jeff is a four-time recipient of the "Bullseye Barrister" distinction for outstanding trial service from a Fortune 100 national retailer (December 2007, July 2009, May 2010 and July 2013) and has been named to The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers. Jeff has also been an Associate in the American Board of Trial Advocates since 2003.
Jeff is a member of the ISOB (2015 to present), the FDCC (2011 to present), the IADC (2004 to present) and DRI's Trial Tactics Steering Committee (2003 to present). Finally, he served as a member of the legal committee for USA Triathlon and was the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for the 2014 Special Olympics USA National Games.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- International Society of Barristers (2015 – present)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate (2003 – present)
- USLAW, Board of Directors (2008 – 2013)
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (2011 – present)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (2004 – present)
- Defense Research Institute: Trial Tactics Steering Committee (2003 – 2012)
News & Insights
- "AV Preeminent" rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “America’s Top 100 Attorneys” – New Jersey Lifetime Achievement designation (2016)
- "Bullseye Barrister" award for outstanding trial service from Target Corporation: December 2007, July 2009, May 2010 and July 2013
- Named to The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney (1999 – Present)
- Recertified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey in 2006 and 2012
- Recipient of the inaugural O'Hagen Award for Outstanding Service, USLAW (2007)
Widener University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
University of California, Davis (B.A., Political Science, Minor in Education, 1988)
Mercer County College (A.A., Humanities, 1986)
- New Jersey