Elnardo Webster focuses his practice in the areas of real estate and regulatory matters, and government affairs. He has represented clients such as the Department of Health, the Casino Control Commission, the Department of Insurance, the Economic Development Authority, the Board of Regulatory Commissioners, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Environmental Protection and Energy, the Army Corp of Engineers before governmental agencies and local and municipal zoning and planning boards.
Elnardo advises health care providers, regulated utilities, insurance companies, developers, and business and entrepreneurial companies. He has been active in Democratic politics, most notably serving as Treasurer and Finance Chairman to Senator Cory Booker’s mayoral campaigns.
Elnardo has served on numerous boards, including Rutgers Board of Overseers, Independent College Funds of New Jersey, Team Walker, St. Peter’s Prep School Board, Cross Roads Theater, and Cathedral Healthcare System. He is also the Co-Founder of Sports Futures, a non-profit organization benefiting inner-city youth.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Lead Attorney in negotiating $2 Billion Public Private Partnerships between the City of Jersey City, Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority, and United Water to collect, treat, pump, and deliver water to over 1 million New Jersey residents per day.
- Lead Attorney in developing over 5,000 units of affordable housing throughout Northern and Central Jersey.
- Lead Attorney in permitting Goldman Sachs’ New Jersey Office Tower, which is the tallest building in New Jersey.
- Serves as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer to Joint Meeting of Essex and Union Counties, an autonomous agency that receives industrial, commercial, and residential wastewater from a 65 square foot mile area in Essex and Union Counties.
- Served as Development Counsel to Michaels in connection with site planning and development of Somerset Brownstones and Spruce Senior.
- Serves as Municipal Redevelopment Counsel to various municipalities, including the Town of Morristown and previously the City of Bayonne, Borough of Roselle, Township of Parsippany, and Township of Nutley.
- Served as Special Redevelopment Counsel to various Housing Authorities, including East Orange Housing Authority, Newark Housing Authority, Jersey City Housing Authority, Paterson Housing Authority, and Asbury Park Housing Authority.
- Previous Special Redevelopment Counsel to Orange Housing Authority. Mr. Webster advised the Executive Director and Board on all issues of development and redevelopment, including the 59(j) program, Hope IV and Hope VI, Demolition and Deposition of real property, Comprehensive Grant Program, Comprehensive Improvement Assistance Program, Hope I, Turnkey III, Mutual Help, Section 5 (h), ROSS, and Section 8 Assistance. Mr. Webster also directed the demolition of the former Father Rossi Homes and negotiated a Ground Lease and Limited Partnership Agreement to construct approximately 150 new residential units.
- Served as General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer to Jersey City Incinerator Authority, an autonomous agency in the City of Jersey City, responsible for Jersey City’s solid waste collection, recycling, street sweeping, snow removal, property maintenance, litter patrol, demolition, care pound, anti-graffiti, and environmental education, operating within a budget of approximately $40 Million.
- Served as Borough Attorney and Chief Legal Officer to Borough of New Milford; was responsible for all aspects of the Borough’s Governance.
- Served as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer to Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority and was responsible for managing Jersey City’s water and sewer services, operating within a budget of $90 Million.
Professional and Community Affiliations
Archon, Mu Boulé Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Advisory Board Member, Catholic Urban Schools Partnership (CUSP), (Present)
Board Member, Wenzhou-Kean University, (Present)
District of Columbia Bar Association
Fellow, Leadership New Jersey
Garden State Bar Association
Hudson County Democratic Black Caucus
Independent College Funds of New Jersey
Member, African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, (Present)
Member, Kean University Foundation Planning Committee, (Present)
Morris County Bar Association & Foundation
National Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar Association
Regional Plan Association, New Jersey
Rutgers University Board of Overseers
Team Walker, Inc., (Present)
Treasurer and Finance Chairman, Cory Booker for Mayor
Trustee, Cathedral Healthcare System
Trustee, Cross Roads Theater
Trustee, New Jersey Performing Arts Center, (Present)
Trustee, St. Peter’s Preparatory School
Trustee, St. Peter's University
United Negro College Fund, (Present)
Publications and Presentations
- “PILOTS,” Burlington County Board of Taxation, Mt. Laurel, NJ. October 13, 2022
- “The Business of Redevelopment:2022 New Jersey Planning & Redevelopment Conference,” New Jersey Future and APA New Jersey, Virtual Conference. June 14, 2022
- “Tax Abatements: Understanding Them & Examining Models That Work,” NJRA Redevelopment Training Institute, Trenton, NJ. September 13, 2016 and September 20, 2018
- “Redevelopment Law & Planning Process: Redeveloper Selection and Redevelopment Agreements,” NJRA Redevelopment Training Institute, Newark, NJ. October 5, 2016
News & Insights
- Insider NJ, 11.14.2023
- From Eyesore to Five-Story Vision: Connell Foley Secures Approval for New Apartment Building in Newark08.22.2023
- Connell Foley Strengthens Real Estate Practice with the Addition of Four New Attorneys in Newark Office04.03.2023
- Ironside Newark, 12.04.2023
- Converting Office Space to Residential Property: One Way of Helping to Prevent Mortgage Defaults on Commercial PropertyLegal Blogs and Updates, 07.20.2023
- American Academy of Trial Lawyers - Advocate Award
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine - New Jersey Super Lawyer
- Politicker NJ – The Power List
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com.