Kathleen M. Peregoy is a highly accomplished immigration attorney and serves as Co-chair of Connell Foley's Corporate Immigration and Global Mobility practice. Prior to joining the firm, Kathleen was a partner at Dornbaum & Peregoy, where for the past 25 years she focused her practice on immigration and nationality matters, particularly employment-based immigration, and international transfers.
Kathleen concentrates her work in PERM Labor Certification, priority worker filings in the Extraordinary Ability, National Interest Waiver, Outstanding Researcher and Professor, and Corporate Transferee categories and other business classifications. She provides advice and consultation for numerous Fortune 500 and emerging technology companies in the following sectors: biotechnology, chemical, higher education, engineering (environmental/power), construction, financial services (accounting/auditing, insurance and investment banks), health care, pharmaceuticals, information technology, telecommunications and semiconductors. In each case, Kathleen assists employers with domestic and international transfer of foreign personnel, including executives, managers, and other highly skilled professionals, and individuals of extraordinary and exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics.
Kathleen has lectured and published extensively on commercial and immigration law topics. In addition, she has been consistently selected for inclusion in Martindale Hubbell’s “Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers," “The Best Lawyers in America," New York and New Jersey Magazines’ “Top Lawyers “and “Super Lawyers“ publications, and "Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration."
Kathleen is a past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association's Immigration, Naturalization and Americanism Section. She has also been an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Foundation Co-Sponsorship Oversight Committee (Grants) since the 1990s, as well as the Committee Chair (Customs and Border Protection ) for the New Jersey Chapter of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) for the past two years.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Immigration, Naturalization and Americanism Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA ), New Jersey Chapter
- Active Committee Chair (Customs and Border Protection)
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation
- Member, Co-Sponsorship Committee (Grant Programs and Administration) for 25 years
- American Bar Association
- Member, New York/New Jersey Legal Studies Advisory Board (1990-present)
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (NJWLA)
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member, Garden State Chapter
For the past 12 years, Kathleen has lectured regularly in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania on complex immigration matters.
- Panelist, "Business for Breakfast Program: 2021 Employment Law Update and To-Do Checklist," Connell Foley LLP; Roseland, NJ (January 2021)
- Moderator/Speaker, Semi Annual NJICLE Symposium on Advanced Immigration Issues, NJSBA and NJ AILA (2014 to Present)
- Moderator/Speaker, American Immigration Lawyers Association; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2017; 2019)
- Moderator/Speaker, Advanced Labor Certification Issues: "Advanced Immigration Issues for Attorneys, In-House Counsel, and Human Resource Personnel," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE); Newark, NJ (November 2013-2007)
- Speaker, "The Top Ten Things We Hate Most About PERM: SVP, Drafting Job Descriptions, Recruitment, and Frustration Galore!" AILA Philadelphia Chapter 2013 CLE Conference; Philadelphia, PA (March 2013)
- Speaker, "Immigration Issues for Human Resource Representatives," SHRM (October 2012)
- Moderator/Speaker, "Advanced Issues in Voluntary Compliance Models: Consistent Hiring Practices & Antidiscrimination Issues," 10th Annual Immigration Conference (NJICLE); Newark New Jersey; (March 2010)
News & Insights
- Connell Foley Announces Launch of Corporate Immigration Practice with Addition of Boutique Firm Dornbaum & Peregoy01.04.2021
- Law360 , 11.02.2020
- ROI-NJ, 10.30.2020
- New Jersey Law Journal, 10.29.2020
- Legal Blogs and Updates, 01.13.2021
Best Lawyers in America
Martindale-Hubbell - Preeminent Lawyers
- The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers; Immigration law
Law Business Research, "Who’s Who Corporate Immigration"
New Jersey Monthly Magazine, "Top Lawyers" – Immigration Law
New Jersey Super Lawyers – Immigration Law
- Hon. William G. Bischoff, PJAD, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division
Temple University School of Law (J.D., Phi Alpha Delta, 1983)
Temple University (B.B.A., magna cum laude, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1980)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania